Resources
1. Effective communication skills
· V- will allow me to communicate our company goals to my employees
· R- not very rare
· I- fairly high among the business community
· N- non-substitutable
2. Leadership skills
· V- important to allow me to drive my business forward
· R- not very rare
· I- very inimitable among many executives
· N- a little substitutable as you can always hire other people to carry the business in the future
3. Relationship with insurance companies to offer lower rates
· V- this is valuable as lower rates are an incentive to use my service
· R- pretty rare
· I- not easily inimitable but can be done
· N- cannot be substituted
4. Unmatched convenience
· V- very valuable, convenience is a luxury that many people want
· R- moderately rare, not many services make this a priority
· I- can be inimitable if you choose to focus on it
· N- cannot be substituted
5. Efficient, in-depth, employee training program
· V- important to ensure my service runs smoothly and all employees know how to operate it efficiently and effectively
· R- decently rare, some companies focus on training their employees in-depth
· I- high, is inimitable
· N- cannot be substituted
6. Customer service experience
· V- high value, important to know what your customers want and how to serve them
· R- not very rare as many people have prior experience in this area
· I- low, requires proper experience
· N- substitutable, can hire a customer service department that can then teach me how to correctly deal with the customers
7. App where customer can request service and access information about their cars’ repairs
· V- provides a convenience to customers
· R- pretty rare in this service industry
· I- not difficult to replicate as apps are popular
· N- we could use other ways to communicate to customers like websites, email, or calling
8. Cars being essential to people’s daily lives
· V- high value, makes my service important to people
· R- not rare, cars are a necessity which could make my service a necessity as well
· I- not inimitable
· N- no substitutions besides public transportation
9. My uncle’s extensive knowledge of running his own service business
· V- high value, he can help me and the knowledge I’ve already learned from him will help as well
· R- very rare, not everyone has someone close who knows how to run a high-profit business on their own
· I- low, cannot be learned by everyone, not everyone has access
· N- non-substitutable
10. Customer loyalty
· V- extremely valuable, our customers will be satisfied with my service on the first use and continue to come back
· R- this is rare, customer loyalty can carry a business
· I- inimitable
· N- impossible to substitute for anything else
Top Resource
I think out of all my resources, the one that has the most value to my service, ARCS, would be the efficient, in-depth, employee training program I am going to implement. This will be essential to ensure my service is run like a well-oiled machine and all my employees in their different departments will operate as one, giving us a competitive edge.
I think you did a good job laying out skills and competencies as well as experience that would suit you well in turning this idea into a business. I think ranking them is a good part of this assignment, and what you did well because it is important to differentiate which things to build off of and use more to your advantage than others if you have limited time and resources.
ReplyDeleteHi Marioly,
ReplyDeleteWhile I understand where you were coming from in the ranking of all the resources, I think you still have a great list that exemplifies support and insight from a lot of different aspects. Pulling together from all the different areas of capital and market leaders, I can see how you are working to create a thriving business and organizational culture.
Hello Marioly,
ReplyDeleteThis was a great list of advantages. I agree that the employee training program will likely be your most valuable resource. The employee training of a service can completely change how the service is received and drastically affects the customer experience and how they perceive the results. By having a employee training program unique to your service it will ensure that your service is a truly unique experience that customers will surely remember.