Tuesday, February 25, 2020

14A- Halfway Relection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. 
In order to keep up with the requirements of this course, I have had to improve my organizational skills. With multiple assignments being due each week and each assignment containing multiple parts and steps, it has been important for me to stay organized with my scheduling and how I spend my time.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. 
Sometimes, the assignments look a bit overwhelming at first because they require a lot of steps and time must be put in to complete them. When I see an assignment that makes me want to “give up” and put off until the very last second, I try to start the assignment as early as possible and complete a little piece of it each day to not allow it to overwhelm me. During the past two months, just knowing that I will be graduating in May and am so close to the goal I have been working towards for the past four years motivates me to work as hard as I can.
3) Three tips.
1.    Don’t let lengthy assignments or the sheer amount of assignments that you see this class has overwhelm you. Take it week by week and put the work in one assignment at a time.
2.    Don’t compare your ideas to others. Be confident in your abilities and what motivates you and let it inspire your work and creativity.
3.    Watch the lectures early and take good notes. The lectures contain details on how to complete each weekly assignment. The earlier you watch, the sooner they won’t pile up at the end of the week when the cupcake is due.

4 comments:

  1. I like how your graphic illustrates the actual struggles of being a college student and trying to balance your life out when moving through the process. That is why it is important to be tenacious and well organized so you can overcome adversity and hammer your challenges head on. I also like how you discussed being confident with your own ideas. It is easy to compare yours to another students, but it is important to stay true to your belief while also considering their perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Justin in thinking about how your graphic is very telling about the actual college experience. We come in as freshmen expecting to just go to classes then graduate when it's really so much more than that. But the graphic is also applicable to business ventures and life in general. The graphic really helps to hammer in why being tenacious is important when moving through life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marioly

    I agree with your tips. The amount of assignments in the course can be very intimidating and demoralizing when you first see them, however as the weeks go by and you begin knocking out the assignments the course becomes much more manageable and less stressful so long as you can keep up to date on the assignments and lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marioly, I disagree with the above agreements agreeing with other above agreements. With all that said, the lectures are definitely something I struggle to find the time and drive to want to watch. Tying this into my writing, I also focused on tenacity like the assignment told us to do.

    ReplyDelete