Friday, March 13, 2020

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?

Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique:
1)    Great moral character, always able to elevate a mood when things feel down or alleviate people when times are tough

2) I am extremely creative. I enjoy painting and design. This would help give my company an edge when it comes to style.

3)  My experience in customer service 

4)   I am always very punctual and put in full effort in whatever I am doing

5)   I am great at effectively communicating with people and relating information

Interviews:
*(Due to the severity of the Coronavirus in the following weeks I felt it was safest to conduct interviews over the phone instead of in person. Due to this I was unable to provide audio recordings of my interviews but I have summarized them below)

1)    Ashley: Ashley is a good friend that I have known since high school. She said after playing travel soccer together for four years where I was the team captain, she admires my ability to lead a team when moral and low and motivate everybody to push through until the very end.
2)    Mia: Mia is my younger sister. She said something about me she views as valuable is my ability to look at something that appears to be black and white, bland, but then turn it into something special and colorful.
3)    Kati: Kait is my best friend that I met at UF. Kait said a piece of human capital she feels that I have is that I am able to view a situation and make the best tactical decision that will provide the best outcome, and factor any emotions out of my decision making.
4)    Riley: Riley is a friend I made at my LSAT prep class. She said she is very impressed with my ability to remain calm and relaxed when everyone around me might be stressed. She said I don’t let the emotions of other people affect my own.
5)    Sebastian: Sebastian is another close friend of mine. He said he admires my ability to multitask and organize my schedule in addition to other factors of my environment.

Reflection:
I feel that what my close friends and family stated was my human capital in my interviews does indeed closely align with what I wrote. These interviews helped give me some confidence and confirmed what I believed to be true.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience in that my own beliefs lined up with those that I interviewed. I think it is not too hard to identify your strong suits, what might be more difficult is identifying weaknesses. I also think it is best to interview people that know you best because chances are they have seen you both shine and fail in numerous aspects of work or life and can help you analyze yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Justin's comment. I'm typically able to realize what I excel in, but it definitely takes a lot more inner reflection and outside feedback to see where we are truly lacking. Nevertheless, it's beneficial to recognize your strengths and implement them into your business model.

    ReplyDelete