The segment I chose to focus on is individuals that have families and only have one vehicle to share between everyone. I interviewed three individuals that fall into this segment. First I interviewed Margaret, a 50-year-old mother of three boys. Second I interviewed Angela, a 36-year-old professor who also has a 2-year-old son. Lastly, I interviewed David, a 27-year-old who has been married for 4 years and is trying to start a family. All three individuals only own one car between them and their spouse. I asked all three individuals how essential their car is in order to function in their everyday lives and they all said it was a necessity they couldn’t live without. They all said that even when they don’t have car troubles, even just having to share the car with their spouse and coordinate their schedules around when they need the car is difficult. I asked how often they have car issues and they all said they have a problem with their car at least a few times a year. They said the issues are always out of their control and it is unpredictable when the problems would occur. Their solution to the problem is to just take the car to get whatever repairs it needs and during this time when they don’t have a car they either have to rely on other people for transportation or take the bus. Angela said that having a 2-year-old and having to ride the bus according to the bus’s schedule is very stressful for her. She said once her car was in the shop being repaired for about a week and she had to Uber from her house to campus to teach her classes for that week and it was very expensive for her. Margaret said that she feels a tremendous amount of stress when her car has any issues because she knows her husband needs it for work and she needs a way of taking her kids to and from their extracurricular activities. After these interviews, I can conclude that there is definitely a need for my service within one vehicle households. I believe these individuals would pay for a service that would alleviate all the hassle and anxiety that comes with car repairs.
Hi Marioly,
ReplyDeleteI think your interviews on such a wide range of possible consumers was a great way to receive accurate feedback from multiple perspectives of users. Especially with the family with a young child, I can only imagine the stress that could put on the parent. These examples sound extremely insightful when determining buyer behavior towards your intended service!
Hi Marioly,
ReplyDeleteI think it was a good idea to focus on this segment considering this is exactly the target market you are appealing to the most. If the service would alleviate the stress coming with car troubles, they would definitely be interesting if it was in their budget. It is certainly cheaper and more convenient than having to Uber or wait while your car is in the shop.
Hi, I can relate to the people you interviewed on how inconvenient it can be to take the bus and Uber everywhere while having problems with the car. They're meant to make life easier but Uber can add up and be so expensive when you use it while waiting for your own car to get fixed. I like that you emphasize taking the stress away from the customers.
ReplyDeleteHi Marioly,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like your interviews were very pertinent to the target audience you were going for. My fiance and I usually end up having to share cars or give each other rides whenever the other needs maintenance on our cars and it's definitely no bueno because it's a big hassle each time. The only thing that would need to be focused on here is minimizing a cost to where it would be financially feasible for these types of customers to be able to afford this service. Like you said, Uber can be pretty expensive, especially if multiple rides are necessary. I'm sure people would be willing to pay the extra premium for this service, but everyone has their limits.
Hello Marioly,
ReplyDeleteYou picked your target audience very well for this assignment. Each of your interviewees could certainly use a service such as this to alleviate the pressure they experience by sharing a car without the financial burden of having to purchase multiple cars for their family. By alleviating a major concern of your customers in a very efficient and effective way in the form of providing constant updates via the app and providing a rental car so that customers can still travel while their vehicle is being repaired you are offering a very unique service that is certain to have a market among similar consumers.